Happy Friday! I've got something pretty good for you today - crockpot/oven ranch chicken enchiladas. nom.
|Mom's Crazy Cooking - Ranch Chicken Enchiladas|
So honestly, they are not a struggle, and the result is GOOD... the corn tortillas really make it, it tastes very "authentic" mexican food because of them. I'm glad I went and got the corn tortillas instead of my usual flour ones.
I modified the original recipe so that it made plenty for two. You'll need:
• 2-3 chicken breasts - I used two smallish ones and a few tiny pieces that were in the bottom of the frozen bag. You can use frozen or thawed. I used frozen.
• 1/2 packet of dry ranch dressing (1 oz)
• 1/2 packet taco seasoning (1.1 oz)
• 1 cup of chicken broth (I used bouillon to make the broth)
• 1 packet of corn tortillas (I used 6, you'll probably have some left over too.)
• 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
• bottled ranch dressing
You'll also want:
• A crockpot
• A glass baking dish
• Pam spray
When about 2 hours have passed, carefully remove the chicken breasts from the crockpot and place on a plate or cutting board to shred the chicken. Using forks or your preferred shredding method, shred the chicken and place it back in the crockpot for another hour. This way, all of the chicken gets to soak up the yummy broth. You could probably turn it to low for this part, I left it on high.
And there you have it! Easy, on budget and so good! Thanks for following along and have a good weekend!